Only a fool would die for something they knew to be a lie...
I Was Only Kidding!
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: No sane person would die for a cause they knew to be false or a lie. No one was in a better position to judge the truth of Jesus Christ than his disciples. Yet, each chose to die rather than renounce his belief in Jesus as messiah. This is a testimony we can all lean on in our own faith journey.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: N/A
- The disciples were eyewitnesses to the life and miracles of Jesus.
- They were in the perfect position to know if Jesus was a fraud.
- Each of the disciples died a martyr’s death, refusing to deny their faith in Jesus.
- Only a fool would die a martyr’s death for something they knew to be a lie.
- Because of the power of the disciple’s testimony, the church exploded.
- Key Bible Verse: 2Peter 1:16 – For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music - "Pointless", "Happy Acoustic Guitar", "Irony of Fate", "Folk Acoustic Positive"
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.