We are so grateful for every purse that gets mailed to us. We realize each one represents a huge investment of time, effort, and cost. So, this page is designed to help you ensure a trouble-free mailing process. Please be sure to read our tips below - and send purses to the right location in the right way. Generally, the only time we have trouble, delay, or confusion, is when these details aren't followed. Additionally, to help us process your donation quickly and efficiently, be sure to check out our packing slip details here.
Send Your Purse To One Of The Following Locations
Our Mailing Addresses & Methods
Purse Drop-Off Collection Sites within the US
The following locations are available for in-person purse drop-offs only.
- Edgewood: Hairworks, 104 N Washington St, 52042. Hours: 9am – 5pm M, W, F, 9am – 12pm Sat. Closed Thurs, Sun.
- Strawberry Point: Quilted Strawberry, 107 Commercial St, 52076. Hours: 9am – 5pm M-F, 9am – 3pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Bellevue: Quality Sewing & Vac, 14315 NE 20th St, 98007. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Bellingham: Quality Sewing & Vac, 1125 E Sunset Dr, #120, 98226. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Everett: Quality Sewing & Vac, 1201 SE Everett Mall Way, #A, 98208. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Mount Vernon: Quality Sewing & Vac, 426 E College Way, 98273. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Olympia: Quality Sewing & Vac, 1200 Cooper Point Rd SW, Ste 108, 98052. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Puyallup: Quality Sewing & Vac, 3717-B S Meridian St, 98373. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Renton: Renton Christian Center, 16640 SE Old Petrovitsky Rd. Phone for hours: 425-271-0664
- Seattle: Quality Sewing & Vac, 846 NE Northgate Way, 98125. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Silverdale: Quality Sewing & Vac, 108776 Myhre Place NW, 98383. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Tacoma: Quality Sewing & Vac, 2917 S 38th St, 98409. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
- Tukwila: Quality Sewing & Vac, 1203 Andover Park W, 98188. Hours: 9am – 6pm M-F, 10am – 5pm Sat, Closed Sun.
Purse Ship-to Locations Worldwide
6 Tips For Trouble Free Shipping
Each year we get questions that come up about how best to ship us the purses. So, I thought I’d share an overview post that hopefully addressees the questions. I tried to make it as brief as possible, so please read it thoroughly and then feel free to ask additional questions. Also, I am writing in a very direct manner, please don't take it as un-kindness. I'm just trying to be very clear. We love and admire each purse maker and each purse we receive - and deeply respect the time and effort that goes into making and sending purses. I'll update this post as needed.
Tip Number #1: Send Purses To The Correct Address (in the U.S.)
1040 Lincoln Rd, Ste A, #159
Yuba City, CA 95991
Tip #2: Find Your Most Affordable Shipping Option
Give Back Box: This partnership allows Sew Powerful purse and notecard makers in the United States to ship to Sew Powerful for a flat rate of $20. Your purses and notecards will come to us via UPS Ground so expect the shipment to take longer than when using Priority Mail. You will buy your $20 label from the Give Back Box website and will be given a link to print your label right away. To get your $20 label, go to GiveBackBox.Shop and scroll down to the ‘International Help’ category to find Sew Powerful. Your labeled box can be dropped at any UPS Store, Office Depot, or Staples store. Step by Step instructions are attached to your Packing Slip confirmation email or get the instructions HERE.
USPS: The United States post office offers flat rate shipping with 2- or 3-day delivery using Priority Mail. Third party services, such as PirateShip.com, typically discount USPS rates and offer a good way to save. Costs vary depending on the distance you are shipping.
Tip #3: (said in love - and with respect) Don't Stress!
We encourage you not to stress. Please do not to require a signature upon delivery. We encourage you not to email us and ask us to go find your box to confirm it has arrived. This is why we have the monthly Sew Powerful Live stream. By using a packing slip, you will receive an automated receipt by email on the date Sew Powerful opens your package.
Note: We encourage you to not over complicate it. We have this working really well at large scale. Just trust the process.
Tip #4: Avoid Mailing Costs And Drop Off Your Purses at a Purse Collection Site
Option 1: If you can drop your purses off at one of the many quilt shows around the country where we have a booth, you can avoid shipping costs. For the latest updates on our show dates and locations, be sure to check our weekly newsletter and the Upcoming Events page on this website.
Option 2: We have a new option designed to allow you to drop off your purses at local businesses in your hometown. You will find our current US drop off locations listed above. We could use your help in expanding the number of purse collection sites. Learn how you can encourage your favorite store to become a purse collection site HERE.
Tip #5: Don’t Include Anything Extra
Please don’t include anything extra in your box of purses (except the note cards and your packing slip, of course). No cash or checks - no bibles, no extra fabric or stuff we have to deal with. We have to remove them before they are sent to Zambia.
Note: If you’d like to make a donation for each purse you send in, which is optional - but very helpful, the best way to do it is via the website. The 2nd best way to donate is via check, but just do not include it in the box of purses. Send your check separately to our address below.
229 Clark Ave, Ste O,
Yuba City, CA 95991
Tip #6: International Senders, Please See The Addresses Above
As more international shipping locations become available we will add them to this page.
We are super grateful for each purse, each purse maker, and the effort it takes to get them to us. We realize these have taken hours and hours of painstaking work to make and are incredibly valuable - actually priceless. We do our very best to treat them that way throughout the entire process.