This light-hearted parable, based on Jesus’ words Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth, encourages us to never confuse meekness with weakness.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Maybelline lives on a farm as a part of a herd of milk cows. Although she is known for being kind and unselfish, the other cows take this as weakness and don’t respect her. This is much to the consternation of Maybelline’s best friend, Chloe. When word gets around the farm that there is going to be a party involving the cows, Doris – a selfish and scheming cow, organizes “Operation Meet & Greet,” a plan to ensure that they reap the benefits of this special event. What transpires next is a lesson in meekness vs weakness.
This story fictionally illustrates the beatitude of Jesus – Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A farm
- There is a huge difference between meekness and weakness.
- God will reward deference and unselfishness.
- To be meek is to be like Jesus.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional voices: Teri, Mikal and Fiona Williams, Toby Capps and Brandon Blue
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “Optimistic Folk Tropical”, “Country Dog”, “Hopping in the Fields”, “Easy Folk”, “Raging Night”, “Horseback Riding”, “Railroad”, “Scheming Squirrel” – Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
- Sound Effects Credit: Zapspalt.com
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.