A woman’s love for a stray cat helps her discover God’s love and mercy. Based on the Beatitude of Jesus found in Matthew 5:4 – Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
Concept: A woman, who’s a recovering alcoholic, faces the dreariness of life post her recovery. Although God served as her “high power” during rehab, she never really knew Him as loving Father and friend. When a stray cat comes into her life, she discoverers a capacity in herself to love that she thought she had lost. And when something tragic befalls the cat, she finds the power of God’s love through her pain.
This story fictionally illustrates the beatitude of Jesus – Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Brooklyn, New York – present day
- God’s love for us is often found in the most unlikely places.
- God offers his comfort to all who mourn.
- As people, we can mourn many things.
- God returns nothing empty and even works through our deepest sorrows.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices Provided by Cinnamon Miles, Janairie Capps and Grace Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “Whispering”, “Journey Ahead”, ”Pillow Fight”, “In the Middle”, “In Peace”
- Sound Effects by Zapsplat.com
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.