Based on Jesus’ Parable of the Sower, this story gives us a hilarious new look at a classic story.
The Really Bad Farmer
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: An enthusiastic but inexperienced man buys a farm and looks to plant a crop. After repeated failures sowing his seeds on unprepared or inappropriate soil, he meets the man in the Mexican hat. This man (a metaphor for Jesus) teaches him to plow and prepare the soil before casting his seeds. Based on Jesus’ Parable of the Sower, this story reminds us to work the soil of the heart in which we hope to plant the truth of the gospel.
- Story Origin: Based on the Parable of the Sower – Luke 8:5-15
- Setting: A Farm
- We are called to cast the seeds of the gospel into the hearts of those around us.
- It is up to us to “work the soil” of the hearts of those who we hope to influence toward Jesus.
- Key Bible Verse: Luke 8:15 – “But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.”
- Additional Verses Referenced: Hebrews 4:12, Galatians 5:22-23
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Upbeat Happy Ukulele Kids”, “Folk Acoustic Ukulele Kids”, “Little Piggy”, “Motivational Ukulele”, “Dust Bowl”, “Wildflower”, “Guitar Acoustic Summer Live”, “Borderline”, “Relatives”, “Upbeat Folk Acoustic”, “Happy Ukulele” – Adobe Music Sound Effects by Zapsplat
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.