God gives wisdom to those who need it – and who needs it more than parents!
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A family finds itself in a bit of turmoil when their toddler, Henry, learns to walk. Father and Mother must find the wisdom to involve their two little girls in the solution and use this circumstance as a lesson in managing change.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Suburbia
- Often we find ourselves managing change that we don’t necessarily like.
- How can parents make their children a part of the solution to a problem or challenge.
- Because God is with us through change, we can stay united as we manage its ups and downs.
- Key Bible Verse: Daniel 2:20-21 “…Praise be to the name of God forever and ever, wisdom and power and His. He changes times and seasons, He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Hebrews 13:5
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional voices provided by Zach, Sarah, Cora, Ruby and Henry Trandum
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “It’s You”, “Good to Go”, “Carefree Delight”
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.