Sometimes God delivers us from pain, and sometimes he holds us through it…
The Badger and the Boy
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A young boy walks to the country fishing hole. On the way, he hears disturbing sounds coming from the woods. He discovers a small badger trapped in a snare. When he attempts to free it, not knowing he is trying to help, the badger snaps at him. What will the boy do?
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A country woodland
- Precept(s): Sometimes God must allow us to experience pain to teach us a greater truth.
- Key Bible Verse: Psalm 25:15 My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only He will release my feet from the snare.
- Additional Verses Referenced: James 1:2
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Fireflies and Stardust” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By attribution 3.0 license creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.