What would the story look like if Jesus’s Parable of the Vineyard Workers was set in America?
An American Parable
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Based on Jesus’ Parable of the Vineyard Workers, this story is set in present-day America. A man with a handicapped daughter and a difficult past desperately needs to find work. His disappointment with God lives in contrast to the spiritual awakening of his daughter. Can the combination of a generous employer, threatening co-workers and the loving spirit of his little girl bring redemption to his life?
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Present-day America
- Do not allow the circumstances of another to color your view of your own circumstances.
- We never know the back story of another person. Assume the best and be glad for those who receive a “lucky break.”
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 20:6-7 About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, “Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?” “Because no one has hired us.”
- Other Verses Referenced: Matthew 20:1-16
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: David Stevens
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.