Sew Powerful Volunteer Role
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
ROLE OF THE VOLUNTEER
Working closely with the CMO and CEO, the Website Manager will oversee the continuous improvement of the website working with the site developer to refine and improve the user experience coordinating with various stakeholders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Co-create the long-term website vision and purpose with the CMO and CEO and work to implement that vision.
- Oversee updates, changes, and improvements to continuously improve the user experience.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify content marketing opportunities and implement them effectively.
- Collaborate with graphic artists and web developers to implement the vision.
Proven experience working with website design and management including content curation or creation, graphic design, or copywriting.
The following brief example of interpersonal skills required. Communication, strong verbal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Initiative, energetic self-starter motivated to engage with others in support of the objective of the role and overall Sew Powerful mission.
- Results Driven, willing to engage with people at all levels of the organization to achieve the objective of the role.
- Technical Knowledge - clear understanding of financial best practices and regulatory issues.
This position is a not a supervisory position.
Location / Work Environment
No specific geographic location is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is typically done in an office environment indoors using standard computer equipment.
Required Education and Experience
No previous experience is required. Experience organizing events such as trade shows is helpful or retail experience serving customers and handling monies.
The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer, in coordination with Sew Powerful leadership, and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is not frequent, but may be needed to fulfill the objective of the role.