Sew Powerful Volunteer Role
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: CFO – Sue Kirby
ROLE OF THE VOLUNTEER
This position will be responsible working with the CFO to purchase a variety of supplies and products needed by Sew Powerful. It will include US based procurement and well as internationally sourced goods. Examples may include, supplies for Quilt Shows, raw materials needed by the seamstresses or soap makers in Zambia, and finished goods to place in the purses for distribution.
The person will be tasked with finding the most economical source of raw materials and finished product to complete the purse kits for distribution to the girls in Zambia. The objective is to streamline our raw materials sourcing as we grow, either using a local importer or by Sew Powerful importing the goods directly.
A second area of emphasis will be to ensure Sew Powerful can efficiently and effectively support the Quilt Shows both in the US and Internationally. This includes all the necessary supplies and merchandise in each booth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Identify and build relationships with suppliers for each raw material category needed.
- Negotiate pricing that is affordable for Sew Powerful and fair to the supplier. Enter into contracts as appropriate.
- Supervise the shipping and delivery of all goods.
- Facilitate resolution of any issues concerning manufacture and delivery of goods.
- Provide the goods timely to each location of Sew Powerful.
Previous experience working in the field logistics or procurement dealing with both domestic and international companies. Knowledge of typical import/export and tax regulations is helpful.
- BA/BS in Business or related field of study
The following brief example of interpersonal skills required.
- Communication, strong verbal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Initiative, energetic self-starter motivated to engage with others in support of the objective of the role and overall Sew Powerful mission.
- Results Driven, willing to engage with people at all levels of the organization to achieve the objective of the role.
- Technical Knowledge - clear understanding of financial best practices and regulatory issues related to Grants.
This position is a non-supervisory position.
Location / Work Environment
This job is ideally based in the greater Seattle area, but it is not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is typically conducted in an office environment indoors using standard computer equipment.
The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer, in coordination with Sew Powerful leadership, and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is not frequent, but may be needed to fulfill the objective of the role.