Sew Powerful Volunteer Job Description
Chief Financial Officer
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: CEO
Working closely with the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the financial activities of the organization, including, budgeting, forecasting and reporting. As a senior leader, compatibility with the ethos and purpose of the organization is required.
The objective of this position is to ensure the financial health and growth of Sew Powerful.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team. Recruit and manage team members to fulfill the objective.
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the board on financial related issue.
- Manage the processes for donor giving including gift tracking, reporting, and donor acknowledgement.
- Establish and develop relationships with senior management and external partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain formal accounting and finance procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals for non-profit organizations and strong fiduciary controls.
- Participate in weekly meetings, as well as special meetings of the leadership and board.
Work Experience: At least 10 years' experience in the finance industry and managing a finance team or function is required. Non-Profit management experience is preferred.
Educational Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in the following will be expected for this role:
- Finance or Economics
- An MBA or CPA is also highly desirable.
Interpersonal Skills: The following brief example of interpersonal skills are required. Additional
- Communication, strong verbal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Initiative, energetic self-starter motivated to engage with others in support of the objective of the role and overall Sew Powerful mission.
- Results Driven, willing to engage with people at all levels of the organization to achieve the objective of the role.
- Technical Knowledge - clear understanding of financial best practices and regulatory issues.
This position is a supervisory position. Recruiting and on-going management of team members is required.
This job is ideally based in the greater Seattle area, but it is not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer, in coordination with Sew Powerful leadership, and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is not frequent, but may be needed to fulfill the objective of the role.