When we take the time to pass skills and knowledge to the next generation, memories and values pass right along with them.
Grandma’s Sewing Machine
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept:This parable is a tribute to the thousands of purse makers who support the work of Sew Powerful. And a reminder that our kids and grandkids are touched through our attention and faithful acts of joyful obedience.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Present day
- When we take the time to pass skills and knowledge to the next generation, memories and values will pass right along with them.
- Dedicating our skills and abilities to help those in need is a testimony to those around us.
- Key Bible Verse: Proverbs 31:25-26 “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and instruction is on her tongue.”
- Written by Dana Buck
- Narrated by Bethany Siegrist
- Additional Voice provided by Jan Cancilla
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit - Adobe Music: "Optimistic Cheerful Classics", "An Optimistic and Inspirational Classic", "Lounge Mellow Chill", "Young Days"
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.