This parable relates the story of David and Goliath - as told by a very… interesting participant.
Five Smooth Stones
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: The story of David vs Goliath, told from the point of view of one of the stones used by David to defeat the giant.
- Story Origin: Original/based on the Old Testament story
- Setting: Old Testament Israel
- Being ready and prepared when God calls upon you may require great patience and a “smoothing” process.
- Small things, when properly prepared, can be used by God to do great things. A metaphor for us.
- Through faith, offer your current circumstances to God, so that he may use them to prepare you for what may lie ahead.
- Key Bible Verse: 1Samuel 17:40 Then he (David) took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voice provided by Frank Dunbar
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “Brand New Day”, “Epic Opener”, “Action Epic”, “Drumline Advertising”, “Guitar Epic Trailer Vocal”, “Cinematic Inspiration Uplifting”, “And Here I Sit”
- Sound Effects Credit: Zapsplat.com
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.