Sometimes in following Jesus there is a price. This story explores the depths that price can reach.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: The last of Jesus’ beatitudes, found in Matthew 5:10, tells us Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. This parable, told in three stories, offers three examples of the forms this persecution can take.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: America, Afghanistan, and North Korea
- Taking a stand for the righteousness of God can cost what we hold dear, our freedom, and even our lives. God promises the kingdom of heaven for those who make this sacrifice in His name.
- Standing firm in the face of persecution is a powerful witness.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional voices provided by Sydney Kappenman, Livi Pfeifle, Adonia Tsegay, Fiona Williams, Jacob Issacs, Jordan Miles, Kevin LaRoche, Heather LaRoche, Daniel Son, Micah Son
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit – Adobe Music: “Magical Piano”, “Just Relax and Unwind”, “Over the Dunes”, “Wisteria Wisteria”, “Asian (Free)”, “Junko Ayako”, “JapaneseMusic_006_44khz”, “Windy”, “First Road”, “The Day Thou Gavest, Lord”
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.