Christmas is a time for miracles. And with God, those miracles often come from the most unlikely places.
Miss Charlene’s Fruitcake
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Sweet Miss Charlene, everyone’s favorite neighbor, bakes and gifts fruitcake each Christmas to all the families on the block. Although she is a wonderful baker, her fruitcake is heavy, dense, and a running Christmas joke in the Hacker household. When Lorraine Hacker finds she will be hosting her mother-in-law for the holidays, she turns to Miss Charlene for help with this troubled relationship. What results is truly Christmas magic.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Small town America
- God’s miracles often come from the most unlikely places.
- Key Bible Verse: Psalm 145:14-16 The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
- Additional verses: John 1:46, 1Corinthians 1:27, Jeremiah 29:13
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices provided by Jordan Miles, Bethany Siegrist, Patti Stevens, and Andrea Cherry
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “The Christmas We Know”, “Xmas Shoppin’”, “A Letter for Christmas”, “Christmas Spirit Instrumental”, ”Sneaky Feet”, ”A Snowflake’s Tale”, “Christmas Wonders”, “All the Loving Mothers”, “Merry Christmas Day Instrumental”
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.