The fox is on the run and the dogs are pursuing. This parable illustrates the quality of mercy – in a way you may not expect.
Duke and Bella Rouge
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A grandfather takes his grandson for a walk in the country. During their time together, he tells his grandson an epic tale from his past – a mounted hunt with his dog, Duke, to catch the legendary fox, Bella Rouge. The fox proves to be a tricky adversary, foiling all the dogs in the pack, save Duke. And when even Duke becomes vulnerable to the fox, she teaches grandpa a lesson he never forgot – and one he’s eager for his grandson to learn.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: The country
- Mercy can only come from a position of strength.
- Because of God’s mercy for us, He expects us to be merciful to others.
- Being merciful makes us more like Jesus.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “Acoustic Guitars”, “Sticker”, “River”, ”Summer Cruise”, “Power Up”, “Tumbleweed”, “Windy”, “Effigy”
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.