This parable, set in Africa, speaks to the incredible grace and generosity of the African people found within the struggle for life.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A young boy in Africa walks to school. Under his arm he carries an empty lunch container. His prays that there will be food at school as he has none in his house. When food is served at school, he covers half his meal uneaten and takes it home to feed his little brother. This is a story of love and sacrifice, and the opportunity to help a child in need.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A rural African village school
- Love and sacrifice are daily occurrences among the poor.
- We all have the opportunity to bless a child in need.
- Key Bible Verse: James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Matthew 25:40
- Written by Dana Buck
- Narrated by Ruth Mwawasi
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Moorings” – Adobe Music
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.