A little girl’s passion for a beautiful flower is the inspiration for this story of God’s love and faithfulness.
The Secret of the Rose
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A little girl snips a rose from a lonely bush and set it in water in her room. When the rose eventually withers, her mother sees an opportunity to not only teach her about roses but also the love of God. This is a story about staying connected to the one true vine.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A suburban town
- When a living rose is snipped from the vine, it can only stay viable for a time. It will wither.
- If we do not stay connected to the living vine (Jesus) we will wither.
- Pruning a rose is an act of love by a gardener. The rose will produce even more beauty.
- When God “prunes” our lives, it is so he can produce more beauty in us.
- Key Bible Verse: John 15:1-4 I am the vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the words I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
- Additional Verses Referenced:John 15:1-8
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices Provided by Ashley Ashbeck and Kelsey Jones
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Atmospheric Acoustic Guitars” , “Inspirations Cinematic Felt P”, “Warm Acoustic Ballad”, “Beautiful Acoustic Guitar” – Adobe Music
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.