This story of two little boys at play in the park reminds us to never put at risk what money can’t buy.
Gabe and Zeke
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Two little boys in the park discover a hoard of lost change in the sand around the playground equipment. When they divide it up, they have one left over quarter. What ensues teaches the boys not to put money ahead of what money can’t buy.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A playground
- Precept(s): The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
- Key Bible Verse: 1Timothy 6:9 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.
- Additional Verses Referenced: 1Timothy 6:10, 1Timothy 6:17-19
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Fig Leaf Rag”, “Hidden Agenda”, “Super Friendly” Kevin MacCleod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.