Flawless takes us inside a jewelry store and introduces us to a jeweler and his son, as we explore the nature of perfection and imperfection. Flawless will challenge you to see your flaws as God sees them, through the eyes of his redeeming son.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Feeling overlooked and undervalued, the thumb decides to no longer function with the rest of the body. A humorous lesson on unity in the body of Christ.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A New York City jewelry store.
- Every person has flaws (sin).
- Whether one sin or one million, no person is sinless.
- Because of our sin, imperfect people cannot enter the presence of a perfect God.
- Jesus sacrifice on the cross makes possible the forgiveness of our sin.
- Because of Jesus, our sin no longer separates us from God.
- Key Bible Verse: Romans 3:23-24 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: David Stevens
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.