This parable celebrates the power of an apology and the blessings of forgiveness.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A father must discipline his young son, who says hurtful words to the father. The boy is sent to his room, while the father ponders the challenges of parenting. Later that evening, the two experience the power of apology and forgiveness.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: An American household
- Discipline is a difficult act of love that produces powerful dividends.
- Apology opens the door to reconciliation. Forgiveness moves us through that open door.
- Key Bible Verse: Psalm 32:5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord” – and you forgave my sin.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Fuzzball Parade”, “Stoic Morning”, “Midsummer Sky” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 license creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.