This lighthearted story, based on Jesus’ Parable of the Pearl of Great Price, teaches us that the Kingdom of God has its greatest value when it is shared.
A Conversation with an Oyster
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A man, taking a walk along the seashore, is invited by an oyster to possess a most exquisite pearl. What he learns is what it takes to possess something of ultimate value. This story is based upon Jesus’ Parable of the Pearl of Great Price found in the New Testament book of Matthew, chapter 13.
- Story Origin: An original work of fiction based on Jesus’ Parable of the Pearl of Great Price.
- Setting: A seashore
- Nothing is more valuable than possessing the pearl (the truth of God).
- This truth has its greatest value when it is shared with another.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 13:45-46 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.”
- Additional Verses Referenced: Matthew 28:16-20
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Plain Loafer”, “Ascending the Veil”, ”Reunited” ,”Aretes” Kevin MacCleod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.