The story of two mothers with daughters named Rachel, and how these women became the answer to each other’s prayers.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Rachel is a young girl living in America. Her mother, a widow, prays that her daughter will grow up to be a compassionate and caring person. In order to grow these attributes in Rachel, they sponsor a young girl in Africa - who is also named Rachel. This Rachel’s mother, also a widow, prays that her daughter will have opportunities for education, good health, and a better life. She is seeing this prayer come true through child sponsorship. This is a story of two mothers answering each other’s prayers for their daughters, and the blessing of child sponsorship.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: American and Africa
- It is a blessing and a privilege to be used by God to answer another’s prayer.
- Child sponsorship touches the lives of all involved.
- Key Bible Verse: Romans 1:11-12 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong – that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith.
- Written by Dana Buck
- Narrated by Alyssa Buck, Ruth Mwawasi and Kelsey Jones
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Last Kiss Goodnight”, “Silver Flame” , “Inner Light” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed Under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.