We all seek lives filled with success and satisfaction. But sometimes we need a nudge (or a shove!) in the right direction.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Al Rourke is dissatisfied with his life. After what feels like a fruitless search for truth, he decides to sit in a bar and watch baseball on tv until truth finds him. When Al falls asleep at the bar and then awakes, he gets the surprise of his life - and a lesson in truth and meaning.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A bar
- Truth is all around us if we’ll only pay attention.
- Cherishing relationships is a key to fulfillment in life.
- Emptiness will result if we choose to reject God in favor of wealth and success.
- Key Bible Verse: Jeremiah 28:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Lobby Time”, “Friendly Day”, “Long Stroll”, “I Knew a Guy”, “No Good Layabout”, “Touching Moments Three – Deeper”, “Touching Moments One – Pulse” , “Parting of the Ways Part One” Kevin MacCleod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0 “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” Von Tilzer and Norworth. Performed by George Rabbai
- Sound Effects: zapsplat.com
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.