Based on Jesus’ Parable of the Rich Fool, this story shows us that generosity is a condition of the heart.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A wealthy landowner despises the peons who work his land. When the harvest is plentiful, instead of sharing with all, he forces his workers to enlarge his barns, keeping everything for himself. His cruel selfishness will be his undoing. Based on Jesus’ Parable of the Rich Fool found in Luke chapter 12.
- Story Origin: An original work of fiction based on Jesus’ Parable of the Rich Fool.
- Setting: A large plantation
- Selfishness and cruelty will lead to destruction.
- Society is better as a whole when all prosper.
- Key Bible Verse: Luke 12:16-19 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man Yielded an abundant harvest. He thought to himself, “What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.” Then he said, “This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”
- Additional Verses Referenced: Luke 12:12-22, Luke 12:34
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Modern Jazz Samba”, “Casa Bossa Nova”, “Laid Back Guitars”, “As I Figure”, “Sardana”, “Sancho Panza Gets a Latte”, “Oppressive Gloom”, ”Volatile Reaction”, “Del Rio Bravo” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed Under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/license/by/4.0/
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.