There’s a superhero hiding in all of us. A parable about the armor of God.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Mark is a young man who dreams of being a hero. But his simple life and job at the supermarket seem to offer no opportunities for heroics. One day, he rescues a van full of kids on their way to do a play. Mark learns about the armor of God and discovers that he can be a knight on a quest after all.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A small town
- The armor of God is available to all who call Him Lord.
- As Christians, we are warriors in the army of God.
- Key Bible Verse: Ephesians 6:13 Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Hebrews 4:12
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices by Jordan Miles, Pete Jones, Marci Jones and the True North Kids
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Fretless”, “Wholesome”, “Life of Riley”, “Skye Cullin”, “A Very Brady Special” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/license/by/4.0/
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.