She made a bargain with a gator. What could possibly go wrong…
The Gator in the Garden
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A woman living on a small farm is having terrible trouble with rabbits invading her garden. She makes an ill-advised bargain with an alligator to rid her farm of bunnies. The alligator does that – and a whole lot more. This is a story about the perils of forming foolish alignments.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A farm
- Precept(s): It is foolish to expect good to come from aligning with evil.
- Key Bible Verse: Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore, do not be partners with them.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Luke 6:43-45, James 3:17, Galatians 5:22, Matthew 12:33
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Five Card Shuffle”, “Bama Country”, “Sneaky Snitch”, “Deadly Roulette”, “Drankin Song” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.