This parable is the story of Gideon – a most unlikely hero.
You Want me to do What?
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: This is a retelling of the Old Testament Biblical story of Gideon, a young man who led Israel’s army to victory over their invading enemies. Gideon was the least in his family, and his clan was the weakest in his tribe of Manasseh. God chose this unlikely hero and kept reducing his gathered forces so that God alone would be credited with defeating their enemies.
- Story Origin: The Bible, Book of Judges, chapter six
- Setting: Old Testament Israel
- Precept(s): God will often use the small, humble, and unlikely to accomplish His purposes.
- Key Bible Verse: “But Lord,” Gideon asked, “how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together.”
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “River Fire”, “Morgana Rides”, “Ancient Rite”, “Stay the Course”, “Crossing the Chasm”, “Royal Coupling” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/license/by/4.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.