This story is a retelling of the Parable of the Good Samaritan – in a way you’ve probably not heard it before…
The Buckeye and the Wolverine
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A recent graduate of Ohio State University heads west with his carload of possession to a new job. On the way, he is waylaid some scheming robbers who leave him penniless and injured. Help comes from a most unlikely “Good Samaritan.”
- Story Origin: An original work of fiction set against Jesus’ Parable of the God Samaritan.
- Setting: A lonely stretch of highway
- Precept(s): Anyone and everyone in need is our neighbor.
- Key Bible Verse: Luke 10:36-37 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?” The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him,” Jesus told him, ”Go and do likewise.”
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Feelin Good” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/license/by/4.0/
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.