God’s love can heal even our greatest hurts. But what about the scars healing leaves behind?
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A youth leader teaches his Sunday School class of teenagers about scars, healing, and testimony.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A church youth room.
- Scars are the evidence of healing.
- We all have scars. Some you can see, and some you can’t.
- Jesus showed His scars to His disciples to demonstrate what He did for them. They were his testimony.
- Our scars can be our testimony to those who may bear similar wounds.
- Key Bible Verse: John 20:19-20 On the evening of the first day of the week, when the disciples were together with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Sunshine” and “Water Droplets on the River” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By attribution 3.0 license creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.