You offer a treasure when you offer everything. A parable of giving.
Two Copper Coins
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: This tale is based upon the story of the widow’s offering found in Luke 21. It demonstrates that in God’s eyes, the value of a gift is measured by the heart that offers it.
- Story Origin: An original work of fiction set against the story of the widow’s offering found in the New Testament.
- Setting: New Testament Israel
- The size of an offering matters less than the condition of the heart that brings it.
- We honor God when we care for the poor.
- Key Bible Verse: Luke 21:1-4 As He looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. “I tell you the truth,” He said, “this poor widow has put more in than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”
- Additional Verses Referenced: 2Corinthians 9:7
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Two Together” Kevin MacLeod (incomptech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 license creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0/
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.