The story of the nativity is the story of God’s great love for us…no matter who does the telling.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: The story of the first nativity as told by the donkey who carried Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem.
- Story Origin: A fictional story based on the New Testament story of the first nativity.
- Setting: New Testament Israel.
- Precept(s): God is faithful through the ages.
- Key Bible Verse: Luke 2:4-7 So, Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the own of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manager, because there was no room for them in the inn.
- Written by Dana Buck
- Performed by The RCC Players
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Silent Night”, Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem”, “Angels We Have Heard on High”, “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0. “O Come All Ye Faithful”, “O Come O Come Emmanuel”, “Hark the Herald Angels Sing”, “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” Jon Sayles (freemusicpublicdomain.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.