Grandpa’s gift is a heartwarming story of enduring love between grandparents, children and grandchildren.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A grandfather, who longs to give his grandson a meaningful birthday gift, wraps up a well-loved volume of Treasure Island for him. Through a mishap, the book is thrown out and becomes the vehicle for another grandfather to reconcile with his daughter and grandson. A story of the importance of family.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Suburban America
- Precept(s): Family, especially our older relatives, are a gift from God and should not be taken for granted.
- Key Bible Verse: 2Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
- Additional Verses Referenced: Acts 20:35
- Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Windswept” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.