The Touch is a parable based on a familiar Bible story found in Luke 8:43, and illustrates the power of affliction, faith and healing.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: This story is based on the Biblical account of the woman who suffered from bleeding for many years found in Luke chapter eight. It is a lesson in endurance, God’s timing and using our circumstances to bring others to Him. It is also a commentary on the Jewish customs that made her situation so difficult.
- Story Origin: An original, fictional story, set against the biblical story of the woman who suffered from bleeding found in Luke 8:43-48.
- Setting: New Testament Israel
- Our faith may be tested through God’s timing in answering a prayer.
- God’s timing will always be perfect and designed to bring others to Him.
- Our faith is the key to answered prayer.
- Key Bible Verse: And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind Him (Jesus) and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Angel Share” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.