Enjoy the adventures of Willie, Billy and Jan – the Saturday Payback club, as they teach us a little something about grace and forgiveness. Scriptural Reference Romans 12:17-19
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Willie, Billy and Jan, the Saturday Payback Club, meet each week to plan payback for each person who was mean to them during the week. This story offers us God’s perspective on how to react when we are wronged.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Suburban American neighborhood
- God would have us love our enemies and repay wrongs with kindness.
- We don’t always know why someone acts the way they do. We need to offer grace.
- When we act with kindness, we often change the life of another person.
- Key Bible Verse: Romans 12:17-19 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written” It is mine to avenge, I will repay, says the Lord.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Romans 12:21
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Easy Lemon” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.