Assumptions and judgments based on appearance usually cause nothing but trouble. The Vulture and the Otter is a charming taie that brings this point home through an early morning talk between a father and his daughter.
The Vulture and the Otter
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: An early morning walk on the seashore is the setting for this conversation between a father and daughter. Through the telling of a story, the father relates to his daughter the dangers and injustice of judging someone by their appearance.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: The seashore
- Precept(s): Never judge someone simply by their appearance.
- Key Bible Verse: John 7:24 Stop judging by appearances and make a right judgement.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Philippians 2:3-4
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Carpe Diem” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.