This whimsical tale is based on the parable of leaving the ninety nine sheep to find the one that wandered away. It's a story of love and boundaries.
Steve The Sheep
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Based on Jesus’ Parable of the Lost Sheep, a young sheep foolishly wanders away from the shepherd who loves and protects him.
- Story Origin: An original work of fiction based on Jesus’ Parable of the Lost Sheep
- Setting: Pasture and woods
- Why do we wander away from the God who loves us?
- There is danger when we wander from God.
- God will seek us out when we wander away.
- God will defend us, forgive us and restore us.
- Key Bible Verse: Luke 15-4 Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: David Stevens
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.