Huckleberry Scones asks the age-old question; when called upon, can we offer a defense of our faith?
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A man sits in a bistro surrounded by his books of science and philosophy. Having just settled triumphantly on atheism as his true world view, he orders tea and huckleberry scones to celebrate. His resulting conversation with a young, Christian waitress is the centerpiece of this story of rationally and lovingly defending your faith.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: An urban bistro
- Always be prepared to offer a defense of your faith.
- Offer this defense in patience, kindness, and love.
- Key Bible Verse: 1Peter 3:15-16 Always be prepared to give an answer to anyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
- Other Verses Referenced: Acts 1:8, Matthew 10:19-20
- Parable and Devotional Thoughts Written by Dana Buck
- Scripture and Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Story performed by Ashley Ashbeck, Erik Harding and Dana Buck
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Poppers and Prosecco”, “Ultralounge”, “In Your Arms” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.