A father awakes to a household of sleeping teenage girls spread out in his favorite morning spot. His sense of annoyance and inconvenience is soon challenged by a growing conviction of his ingratitude for God’s answered prayers.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A father awakes to a household of sleeping teenage girls spread out in his favorite morning spot. His sense of annoyance and inconvenience is soon challenged by a growing conviction of his ingratitude for God’s answered prayers.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A suburban American home
- How often do we sink into complaining over things and opportunities that are actually blessings from God.
- We need to ask God to help us see people and circumstances through His eyes.
- God’s forgiveness and mercy are always available to us.
- Key Bible Verse: Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Dream Culture” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0/
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.