Meet Earl, the grumpy curmudgeon. That is until he meets Rusty and learns the life-affirming power of mentorship.
Earl the Lonely Beaver
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Earl, an old, crochety beaver, lives alone by his pond. Thinking his joy and usefulness in life are over, he is revitalized by a mentoring relationship with a young beaver living nearby named Rusty.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A woodland
- The young and the old need each other.
- Mentoring and being mentored brings great fulfillment to life.
- Key Bible Verse: Job 12:12 Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long- life bring understanding?
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: David Stevens
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.