Sew Powerful Volunteer Job Description
Data Entry - Bookkeeper
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: CFO – Sue Kirby
This position will work closely with the CFO to enter data into the official accounting and donor tracking system of Sew Powerful, APLOS. The position is responsible for entering the donor and the donation amount for all monies and in-kind donations received using a combination of manual entry and electronic data transfer. Tasks need to be completed weekly and monthly with 100% accuracy. All transactions are completed in English and in US Dollars.
The objective of this position is to support the accurate and timely recording of donor transactions related to the financial books of record for Sew Powerful.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enter all donor information including name, address, phone, email, and donation amount on a weekly basis to the correct accounts and with accurate amounts. Repeat donors require only the donation amount, however, changes to any of the other data will also be made weekly. Donation information is received from three separate sources. A combination of manual data entry and electronic data transfer is used to record the information into APLOS.
- Records must be reviewed for accuracy and changes. Any necessary changes must be done timely.
- Reconciliation and/or balancing is required weekly and monthly.
Experience working with electronic accounting and customer data base systems is helpful. The position requires speed and accuracy in data input using the computer keyboard. Attention to detail and a passion for excellence are required.
On-job-training or basic High School education in bookkeeping is sufficient. Post High School education is helpful.
The following brief example of the skills required.
- Communication, strong verbal skills and a friendly demeanor. All communications are completed in English.
- Results Driven, willing to engage with people at all levels of the organization to achieve the objective of the role.
- Technical Knowledge - clear understanding of bookkeeping basics and the resulting financial reports of Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Bank Reconciliation, etc. for US based companies.
This position is a non-supervisory position.
Location / Work Environment
This job is available remotely to any volunteer with access to high-speed internet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job is typically completed in an office environment indoors using typical computer equipment.
The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer, in coordination with Sew Powerful leadership, and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is not frequent, but may be needed to fulfill the objective of the role.