Sew Powerful Volunteer Job Description
Chief Marketing Officer
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: CEO
Working closely with the CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer will lead the organizations marketing efforts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Co-create the long-term marketing strategy with the senior team and board.
- Lead the creative team of volunteer content contributors, photographers, videographers, and graphic artists.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify key marketing opportunities and implement them effectively.
- Collaborate with industry professionals to advance the mission and purpose of Sew Powerful through paid and earned media.
- Develop and oversee the direct response marketing initiatives for fundraising and volunteer engagement.
- Oversee the social media and paid media opportunities.
Proven experience working as a marketing leader. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in either a for-profit or non-profit context.
The following brief example of interpersonal skills required.
- Communication, strong verbal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Initiative, energetic self-starter motivated to engage with others in support of the objective of the role and overall Sew Powerful mission.
- Results Driven, willing to engage with people at all levels of the organization to achieve the objective of the role.
- Technical Knowledge - clear understanding of financial best practices and regulatory issues.
This position recruits and leads volunteers and is a supervisory position.
Location / Work Environment
No specific geographic location is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is typically done in an office environment indoors using standard computer equipment.
The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer, in coordination with Sew Powerful leadership, and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is not frequent, but may be needed to fulfill the objective of the role.