Skip to content

Soap Team

Soap Team

It’s International Handwashing Day … a perfect time to give you a proper update on our soap initiative.



Provide Soap Opportunity


Give A Gift Online Now



So Powerful Soap Miracle

Official Charter: The Program has been officially approved by our ministry partner (Needs Care School) in Zambia as a ministry initiative. The goal is to provide love and care to the needy of their community while also offering empowerment and sustainability to their program. This fits perfectly with our “Purposeful Products” strategy!

Use Of Soap: As part of the official approval the Board of Directors decided how the soap would be used.

25% of all soap will be given to the poorest families in the community through their Caregiver ministry. The remaining 75% will be made available for purchase. The Sew Powerful Purse Program will act as a “buyer” in that regard. So we fund the program with a budget each month, and in exchange, we receive a certain amount of the soap for our purse program. Think of it like a standing monthly order, from a trusted customer, which the team can use as a stable source of funding to scale up their program. The goal will be to scale production so a local sales staff can begin selling it to add income – making the program locally sustainable.

Soap Team: We have a leader and funding for an initial team of 4 people. Our vision is to scale this program to a large number – adding staff and facilities in a logical and methodical fashion. Our initial goal will be 20 employees, after our facilities issue is resolved.

Current Facility: The team is currently using the existing clinic building location since it is not in use every day. The challenge is – it’s very small space. More room is being actively looked for.



Pictures From The First Batch

We’ve included the pictures from the very first batch of soap attempted before any proper tools were purchased. This gives you a feel for how challenging the environment is – but it’s so fun to see the project come to life.