Sew Powerful Volunteer Job Description
Social Media Team Lead
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: CEO
This position will implement the Sew Powerful Social Media Strategic Plan and will coordinate all uses of social media per that plan. This includes both reactive and proactive communications. Coordinate all Sew Powerful related social media use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement social media plan via team members.
- Manage individual team members.
- Monitor and evaluate social media content posted by Sew Powerful volunteers, seamstresses, etc. Identify any issues to Sew Powerful leadership as appropriate.
- Understand and communicate the Sew Powerful philosophy and approach related to poverty, education, women and girls issues, social entrepreneurism, sustainable agriculture, etc.
- Administer the social media content and plan for any special campaigns (fundraising, Sew-a-thon, etc.) initiated by Sew Powerful.
- Competency in all social media platforms and their use.
- Recruiting and supervisory skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Knowledge of international social issues.
- Team mindset.
This position has direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
This is a work-from-home volunteer opportunity. Weekly team meetings are required via video call.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is regularly required to talk or hear. The volunteer frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer, in coordination with Sew Powerful leadership, and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work frequently may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is not required. However, there may be opportunities to visit regional events, national events, and even our program location in Zambia.
Required Education and Experience
- Three years or more of successful work experience related to strategic use of social media.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience in a professional working environment.
- Prior experience creating and implementing strategic plans.
- Prior experience working in the non-profit sector.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Willingness to engage and strongly participate in activities of the organization.
- Heart for serving others to promote success with purposeful products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the volunteer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.