Sew Powerful Volunteer Job Description
Social Media – Instagram Coordinator
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: Social Media Team Lead
This position will implement the Sew Powerful Social Media Instagram plan. This includes both reactive and proactive communications and use the various Instagram functionality. Collaborate with other social media team members and the broader organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In collaboration with the social media team - manage the social media strategy for Instagram.
- Post Sew Powerful content in alignment with the broader organizational social media strategy.
- Monitor Instagram content posted by Sew Powerful volunteers to identify and respond to any opportunities or issues.
- Launch and manage special campaigns on Instagram such as fundraisers, Sew-a-thons, etc.
- Advanced competency in Instagram.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Design competency.
- Knowledge of international social issues and Sew Powerful program methods and details.
- Team mindset.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities. However, will have interaction with many others for the purpose of communication and coordination.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions a possibility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is regularly required to talk or hear. The volunteer frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The volunteer may be required to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer and Sew Powerful leadership and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work frequently may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is not required. However, there may be opportunities to visit regional events, national events, and even our program location in Zambia.
Required Education and Experience
- Three years or more of successful work experience related to Instagram or another strategic use of social media.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience in a professional working environment.
- Prior experience creating and implementing strategic marketing.
- Prior experience working in the non-profit sector.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Willingness to engage and strongly participate in activities of the organization.
- Heart for serving others to promote success with purposeful products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the volunteer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.