A first-time Cub Scout leader learns a lesson we can all benefit from.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Peter Smedley, a life-long Boy Scout and first-time Cub Scout leader has so much knowledge to offer his scouts. But can he rally the most important skill needed to reach his young charges? And what can an elderly pastor share with him to unlock the secret to relationships? A story of the importance of speaking truth in love.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Present day
- Our “message” will always be more effectively communicated when done so with love.
- Older and more experienced leaders have valuable insights to be shared with younger leaders.
- Key Bible Verse: 1Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in tongues of men and angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging symbol.
- Additional Verses: 1Corinthians 13:4-7
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices provided by Jordan Miles, Toby Capps and River Davis.
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music - "Woodland Bunnies", "Busy Bees", "Waiting for my Gift", "Light Quirky Waltz", "Orchestral Comedy Drama", "Late Afternoon", "Calm Acoustic Guitar", "And I'm Happy Now Instrumental", Whistle by Zapsplat.com
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.