Sometimes the wisdom we need can be found in our own memories.
A Story For Father’s Day
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Encouraging fathers to use their memories as a guide in raising their children.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Present day America
- Memories of our own families when we were children can be a guide in raising our children today.
- Sometimes what is practical can get in the way of what is memorable.
- Key Bible Verse: Proverbs 4:1 Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices Provided by Mitch Ashbeck, Ashley Ashbeck, Sage Davis and Grace Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit – Adobe Music: “Positive Upbeat Corporate”, “Early Spring”, “Success in Your Hands”, “Affection_Full Length”, “Canes”, “Sad Romantic Piano”
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.