This poem, based on Proverbs 31:10-31, is a beautiful tribute to Mothers on their special day.
A Mother’s Day Tribute
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: This poetic tribute for Mother’s Day is based upon The Wife of Noble Character found in Proverbs chapter 31.
- Story Origin: The Bible – Proverbs 31:10-31
- Setting: N/A
- This scripture is the Bible’s testament to faithful women.
- Motherhood is more than biology - it is an act of love.
- Key Bible Verse: Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
- Written by Dana Buck
- Voices provided by the men of Renton Christian Center
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music composed and performed by Braydon Yaw
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.