This familiar Bible story reminds us of Jesus’s wisdom and forgiveness.
Words in the Sand
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A woman is caught in adultery and scheming pharisees seize the opportunity to try to trap Jesus. What Jesus does instead is a demonstration of His great wisdom and forgiveness.
- Story Origin: The Bible – John 8:3-11
- Setting: New Testament Israel
- Jesus demonstrates the hypocrisy of “sinners” condemning sinners.
- Mercy and forgiveness restore life; judgement and condemnation destroy it.
- Forgiveness comes with the admonition of repentance.
- Key Bible Verse: John 8:3-6 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices Provided by Jordan Miles, Sidney Kappenman, Jacob Isaacs, Brandon Blue, Kevin LaRoche
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “Love Me”, “Predator”, “Riddle of the Old Library”, “Scented Nectar”, “Arabic Mystery”, “Beautiful Piano Solo”
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.