The pure in heart are all around us. We just need to see them through God’s eyes.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Russell, a teenage boy, is required by his grandmother to go next door each day and spend time with a special needs boy named Jake. Reluctant at first, Russell comes vale the discoveries of life and God he finds through his time with Jake.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Small town America
- God’s “pure in heart” often come in guises we might otherwise miss unless we view them through His eyes.
- People with special needs may be gifted to allow us to see a side of God we might otherwise miss.
- If we look carefully enough, we can find God in everything.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices provided by Frank Dunbar, Tammy Hagreen, Caleb Son, Grace Buck and Kelsey Jones
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Endless Summer Days”, Acoustic Guitar, Calm Dreamy”
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.